Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Daves's Creamy Banana Bread A.K.A.: the best BB recipe ever!



Ok, I got this one from my Brother Dave, I had tried out many different recipes and there was just something about each of them that didn't work.
I was SO excited when he gave this one to me!  And just mixing the ingredients together I could tell it would be a killer recipe!  Enjoy! (BTW it'll make your house smell all yummy!  If you're trying to sell your house... bake this bread before your open house!)



Ingedients:
½ Cup (1stick) Butter 
1 8oz. Pkg Cream Cheese
1 ¼ Cup White Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Mashed Bananas
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Dry Ingredients:
2 ¼ Cups All Purpose White Flour
1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 Pkg. Chocolate Chips (or any flavor) (Choc. Chips are optional... but come on... really?)
(Optional: add Nuts)

In microwave soften Cream Cheese & Butter - then cream these together. Slowly add White Sugar & beat until light & fluffy (about 2 min.)  Add Eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla. (To mash bananas – I use a fork in a separate bowl – Or just throw them in with the mixture if using an electric mixer)

Add dry ingredients – mixing while adding them. ( I measure out the B. Soda & B. Powder and put them on top of my Four and add them in all together)  Mix until just moist. Stir in Chocolate Chips



For 2 Loaves:
Divide batter evenly between two greased & floured loaf pans (parchment paper on the bottom helps prevent sticking – if you still have trouble with it)
Bake 350° for 45 -60 min. (or until toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean)
For 24 Cupcakes:
Spoon batter into cupcake pans lines with paper cupcake liners.
Bake at 400° for about 20 min. (or until toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean)
TIPS: I use mini chocolate chips when I am making the cupcakes because the larger ones tend to sink to the bottom.  Also, usually just slightly over ripe bananas will give you a better flavor.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment